Determine if Colonia Engineers can have exclusive blueprints
This project has been completed
Mel Brandon now has G4 SCB capability, so this project is complete. Many thanks to all contributors.
No engineer provides G4 Shield Cell Bank blueprints, which is the lowest grade at which blueprints are entirely absent. We will therefore be attempting to upgrade Mel Brandon to provide them, to see if this is possible.
The first stage of this will be to get to the G3 blueprint, of course, and it is currently at G2.
Material requirements are easy at G1:
- Sulphur (trading down from Ruthenium obtained from volcanism or planet surfaces)
- Specialised Legacy Firmware (do missions to get MEF and trade down)
At G2, the requirements get more complex - Grid Resistors are relatively tricky to obtain in bulk - but the second blueprint is still fairly easy:
- Grid Resistors (higher-grade capacitors can be obtained from CZs or missions, though cross-trading from Biotech or EFCs from missions might be easier) and Chromium (trade down from Technetium)
- Specialised Legacy Firmware (trade MEF) and Conductive Components (trade Biotech Conductors from missions)
At G3 the requirements include some materials which are time-consuming to obtain. The G2 blueprint is likely to be more efficient:
- Sulphur (trading Ruthenium), Hybrid Capacitors (cross-trading EFCs/Biotech), Precipitated Alloys (no particularly good trades, but these plus Thermic Alloys can be obtained from combat)
- Exceptional Scrambled Emission Data (trading Decoded Emission Data), Conductive Components (trading Biotech Conductors), Cracked Industrial Firmware (trading Modified Embedded Firmware)
The targets are set assuming that all upgrades are with that level of blueprint. In practice a mixed approach will require lower levels on both sides, and many upgrades will be carried out by people and not recorded here. Targets are slowly being reduced as upgrades are recorded.
- Grade 1 upgrades (code: g1). Progress: 5981 / 5750 - Complete
- Grade 2 upgrades (code: g2). Progress: 3066 / 4250
- Grade 3 upgrades (code: g3). Progress: 350 / 750