About the Colonia Census
The Colonia Census aims to provide current, accurate and comprehensive information about the inhabited systems and population of the Colonia Region, for the use of all residents and visitors.
If you are new to the region, or thinking of visiting, then the new to Colonia page will answer some common questions.
Discussion of the census data, its collection, or suggestions for additional features can take place on the Discord Server. This server also contains a bot (CensusBot) who can answer various questions about the region - extensive queries can be carried out by private message or in the
If you notice the appearance of new systems, stations or factions, or find a system feature (e.g. a RES or an installation) not on the list, please mention it in the
Census bot commands are all prefixed by a '!' - so, for example, to use the 'system' command, start your message with !system. Where a faction, system, or station name is required, typing the first letters is enough - e.g. !faction Priv instead of !faction Privateer's Alliance Expeditionary Force
- !help: sends a help and usage message
- !system name: gives information on the named system
- !station name: gives information on the named station
- !faction name: gives information on the named faction
- !influence name: gives the current influence levels for the named faction or system
- !influence date name: gives the influence levels on the specified date. The date must be in the YYYY-MM-DD format e.g. 3303-05-17
- !report name: gives the current traffic and crime levels for the named system
- !report date name: gives the report for the specified date. The date must be in the YYYY-MM-DD format e.g. 3303-05-17
- !locate feature name: finds systems containing a particular feature (e.g. ring types). Leave 'name' out to get a list of possibilities.
- !locate facility name: finds stations providing a particular facility (e.g. outfitting). Leave 'name' out to get a list of possibilities.
- !locate economy name: finds stations with a particular economy. Leave 'name' out to get a list of possibilities.
- !locate government name: finds stations run by a particular government type. Leave 'name' out to get a list of possibilities.
- !locate state name: finds stations with a particular active state. Leave 'name' out to get a list of possibilities.
- !expansion faction: shows the faction's next expansion targets, expanding from its home system.
- !expansion faction
;system: shows the faction's next expansion targets, expanding from the specified system. The ';' is used to separate faction and system names.
- !expansion system: shows the controlling faction's next expansion targets from this system. The 'faction' form takes precedence, so
!expansion Coloniawill return expansion data for a faction beginning with "Colonia", rather than for the Colonia system. The long form
!expansion Jaques ; Coloniamust be used instead.
- !expansionsto system: shows the factions likely to expand into this system in the near future.
- !missions name: shows the systems within 15 LY that make most typical mission targets.
- !cartography max-gravity pad-size max-dist: returns possible exploration data sale locations given a max gravity (use 0 for orbitals only), minimum landing pad size, and maximum distance from the primary star - e.g. !cartography 0.3 L 1000
- !summary name: returns a regional summary. Available summaries are population, traffic, crimes, bounties, systems, stations, economy, government, state and reach.
- !history filter: returns the relevant history entries. The filter can be a date, system, station or faction. If no filter is set it returns the current tick.
If you would like to add CensusBot to your server, you can use the
link in the topic of the
#bot channel. CensusBot only
needs and uses 'read message' and 'write message' permissions.
CensusBot does not and will never log the requests it processes or any other messages it sees.